The application deadline for the Celebrate Ontario 2016 program has passed. Details on the Celebrate Ontario 2017 program will be posted at a later date.
The Celebrate Ontario Blockbuster program is open. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis, and must be submitted a minimum of four months prior to an event for Event Hosting applications and a minimum of two months prior to a bid deadline for Event Bid applications.
The Celebrate Ontario program comprises two categories:
Celebrate Ontario 2016 provides project-based programming and marketing funding to new or existing Ontario events to enhance programs, activities and services and support innovations that will lead to long-term improvements, sustainability and the attraction of additional tourists. Applicants must demonstrate how their event will:
- Increase attendance and geographic reach.
- Increase tourist visitation and expenditures.
- Improve quality and sustainability.
- Strengthen Ontario's tourism brand image throughout Canadian and international markets.
- Facilitate overnight stays by visitors to a community through the development and marketing of overnight packages (e.g., theatre/hotel/restaurant discounts) and incentives.
- Attract in-province overnight and out-of-province visitation in Ontario.
Celebrate Ontario Blockbuster consists of two streams. The Event Bid stream and the Event Hosting stream support bidding costs and hosting costs, respectively, for major one-time events or events that do not recur annually in Ontario, but travel nationally or internationally to host destinations. Blockbuster events must be of a size and scope sufficient to draw tourists to Ontario’s communities, attract significant media exposure, and profile Ontario’s destinations nationally and globally. Blockbuster events must have a cash operating budget in excess of $1 million.
Frequently Asked Questions
Review the frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the Celebrate Ontario program.
View the 2016-17 Celebrate Ontario event listings.