The application deadline for the Celebrate Ontario 2016 program has passed. Details on the Celebrate Ontario 2017 program will be posted at a later date.
The Celebrate Ontario Blockbuster program is open. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis, and must be submitted a minimum of four months prior to an event for Event Hosting applications and a minimum of two months prior to a bid deadline for Event Bid applications.
The Celebrate Ontario 2016 program comprises two categories:
Celebrate Ontario 2016 provides project-based programming and marketing funding to new or existing Ontario events to enhance programs, activities and services and support innovations that will lead to long-term improvements, sustainability and the attraction of additional tourists. Celebrate Ontario 2016 applicants must demonstrate how their event will:
- Increase attendance and geographic reach.
- Increase tourist visitation and expenditures.
- Improve quality and sustainability.
- Strengthen Ontario's tourism brand image throughout Canadian and international markets.
- Facilitate overnight stays by visitors to a community through the development and marketing of overnight packages (e.g., theatre/hotel/restaurant discounts) and incentives.
- Attract in-province overnight and out-of-province visitation in Ontario.
Celebrate Ontario Blockbuster consists of two streams. The Event Bid stream and the Event Hosting stream support bidding costs and hosting costs, respectively, for major one-time events or events that do not recur annually in Ontario, but travel nationally or internationally to host destinations. Blockbuster events must be of a size and scope sufficient to draw tourists to Ontario’s communities, attract significant media exposure, and profile Ontario’s destinations nationally and globally. Blockbuster events must have a cash operating budget in excess of $1 million. The Celebrate Ontario Blockbuster 2015 program is still accepting applications. Celebrate Ontario Blockbuster 2016 program materials will be made available in December 2015.
Frequently Asked Questions and Technical Questions and Answers
Previous Successful Applicants
View the 2015-16 Celebrate Ontario event listings.