The Celebrate Ontario 2015 program is open and receiving applications through the Grants Ontario System.
New ― Multi-Year Funding
New for the Celebrate Ontario 2015 program is an opportunity for existing events with cash operating expenses of $1 million or more to apply for multi-year funding spanning two fiscal years (2015-16 and 2016-17). New events may not apply for multi-year funding. Please refer to the Celebrate Ontario 2015 Application Guide for details.
Celebrate Ontario 2015 comprises three categories:
- Celebrate Ontario 2015 provides project-based funding to new or existing Ontario events to enhance programs, activities and services and support innovations that will lead to long-term improvements, sustainability and the attraction of additional tourists. Celebrate Ontario 2015 applicants must demonstrate how their event will:
• Increase in attendance and geographic reach.
• Increase in tourist visitation and expenditures.
• Improve in quality and sustainability.
- Celebrate Ontario 2015 Blockbuster consists of two streams. The Event Bid stream supports bidding costs for major one-time events and the Event Hosting stream supports hosting costs for major one-time events. Support is available for bidding on or hosting major one-time events or events that do not recur annually in Ontario, but travel nationally or internationally to host destinations. These events must be of a size and scope sufficient to draw tourists to Ontario’s communities, attract significant media exposure, and profile Ontario’s destinations nationally and globally. Blockbuster events must have a cash operating budget in excess of $1 million.
- Celebrate Ontario 2015 International Amateur Sport Hosting provides project-based funding to help sport organizations and other municipalities deliver major sport events in Ontario.
View the 2014-15 Celebrate Ontario event listings.