The application deadline for the Celebrate Ontario 2015 program has passed. Details on the Celebrate Ontario 2016 program will be posted at a later date.
The Celebrate Ontario 2015 Blockbuster program is open. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis, and must be submitted a minimum of four months prior to an event for Event Hosting applications and a minimum of two months prior to a bid deadline for Event Bid applications.
Celebrate Ontario comprises three categories:
- Celebrate Ontario provides project-based funding to new or existing Ontario events to enhance programs, activities and services and support innovations that will lead to long-term improvements, sustainability and the attraction of additional tourists. Celebrate Ontario applicants must demonstrate how their event will:
• Increase in attendance and geographic reach.
• Increase in tourist visitation and expenditures.
• Improve in quality and sustainability.
- Celebrate Ontario Blockbuster consists of two streams. The Event Bid stream supports bidding costs for major one-time events and the Event Hosting stream supports hosting costs for major one-time events. Support is available for bidding on or hosting major one-time events or events that do not recur annually in Ontario, but travel nationally or internationally to host destinations. These events must be of a size and scope sufficient to draw tourists to Ontario’s communities, attract significant media exposure, and profile Ontario’s destinations nationally and globally. Blockbuster events must have a cash operating budget in excess of $1 million.
- Celebrate Ontario International Amateur Sport Hosting provides project-based funding to help sport organizations and other municipalities deliver major sport events in Ontario.
View the 2014-15 Celebrate Ontario event listings.