To be eligible for Ontario 400th Celebrations Program funding, the applicant organization must propose a project that meets all of the following eligibility requirements. The event or initiative must:
- Take place in the Province of Ontario.
- Occur between April 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015.
- Have an applicant organization in existence for one year or longer in Ontario as of January 2015.
- Have a sufficient number of bilingual staff, proportional to expected audience size, to offer services in both official languages during the proposed project. (May vary per event type.)
- Be open to the public at large without membership in a club or group.
- Have a confirmed cash contribution of at least 50 per cent of the total cash operating budget for the proposed project, which includes a minimum cash contribution of 10 per cent from the applicant organization.
In addition, the applicant organization must provide a copy of its most recent audited or Board-endorsed or Treasurer-certified financial statement as an attachment. Applicants who do not provide the attachment noted above will not be considered.
Each application must demonstrate compliance with the above Eligibility Requirements. Applications that fail to do so will be deemed ineligible.